Friday, December 21, 2007

College Hoops Has Arrived!!


It's far too early to start talking about march madness, but the season so far has been an exciting one with teams exploding out to great starts. So far my top ten looks strong and I will break it down for you.

Like everyone else, I've got North Carolina on top of my list. The more Ty Lawson plays and contributes the better off the Tar Heels will be. If guys like Tyler Hansbrough are healthy UNC will do great things this year. I expect UNC to remain #1 well into January with the next tough game being Clemson on the 6th.

So far no team has impressed me more than the Duke Blue Devils, which is why I've got them at #2. It doesn't matter who they throw out there, Coach K makes sure the spread the court impeccably well which leads to one of the most efficient offenses so far. I asked Brett Watson what his early season favorite was and he shouted “ UNC will dominated and remain at the top of the polls, they are just a tough team to beat this year.”

1. North Carolina (10-0) – An early favorite to stay at the top and final four contender.
2. Duke (10-1) – They just lost a close game to Pittsburgh and should bounce back just fine. They should destroy Cornell next week.
3. Kansas (11-0) - Only a 4-point win over Arizona in OT, but I think they will be fine.
4. Texas (11-0) – Great win for the longhorns on the road against UCLA. Big top 10 match up this Saturday against Michigan State though.
5. UCLA (10-1) – They shouldn’t be concerned about the home loss to Texas, which could be a final four team at the end of the year.
6. Memphis (9-0) – The most talented team, but I don't think they've played their best yet. Next Saturday vs. Georgetown will a interesting one.
7. Georgetown (8-0) - My preseason national title pick isn't flashy, but long term I still like the Hoyas.
8. Michigan State (10-1) - Back-to-back road wins at Bradley and BYU was a good accomplishment for a team playing the most freshman minutes in the country
9. Washington State (10-0) - If you just look at scores, you likely unimpressed so far.
10. Pittsburgh (11-0) – Just off an impressive one point victory over Duke.


No comments: